One of my jobs during high school was as an assistant to real estate agents. I ran my own business delivering real estate flyers, expanding to a crew including my sister and neighbor friends. I also helped agents prepare for open houses, gather information, prospect, and advertise.
The websites below may be useful tools in your home search, selling, or pure curiosity. Remember to use good judgement with information on the Internet. When evaluating websites look for the author or source of the information, the date, authenticity, and reliability. Some real estate websites, such as Zillow, will give a mix of precise and estimated figures. Also, make sure the information and legalities apply to your area. Your home is your castle, so the better information you have the better your real estate experience.
1. Chad Atwood: appraiser, FHA, Residential, Commercial certified. He is also a broker, covering the rural and city areas of Texas. Chad aslo have experience as an instructor at Dallas Community College for Real Estate and Appraising.
2. Real estate database of homes for sale, for rent, and those no longer on the market.
3. Official site of the National Association of Realtors for finding homes and realtors (agents that are committed to a strict code of ethics and more knowledge).
4. Baked Goods: Staging a home for sale with the sight and aroma of cookies, cupcakes, and brownies is a way to let home buyers feel comfortable and see themselves living in the space.
5. When searching for homes or commercial properties it is important to learn about the local businesses in the area, view maps, and get directions.
6. Tips for selecting a real estate professional.
7. Track the real estate market.
8. Become an agent or just learn more about real estate.
9. State departments of real estate (consumer alerts, guidance, financial literacy).
10. Financial advice, saving, and investment.
11. Right to private property.
12. Redfin: Online brokerage for buying and selling homes.
13. Trulia: Real estate listings and data.
14. DQNews: real estate news and data.
Photo Credit: homedit.com