Polenta and Swiss Sandwich with Seasoned Broccoli
Sargento Cheese liked this recipe...
Polenta and Swiss Sandwich Ingredients
- Pre-cooked organic polenta (Food Merchants - Quinoa Corporation)
- Cracked sourdough wheat bread
- Cooking spray (Smart Balance)
- Swiss Cheese (Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Reduced Fat)
- Fresh, organic basil (rinsed clean)
Polenta and Swiss Sandwich Directions
1. Coat non-stick pan with cooking spray.
2. Heat the non-stick skillet on medium – low heat for approximately 2 minutes.
3. Remove polenta from wrap.
4. Slice polenta with a knife into circular patties, approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch in thickness.
5. Use a spatula to place four to five polenta patties into the pan.
6. Cook polenta on both sides until browned, five to eight minutes on each side for a crispy texture.
7. Remove patties and place on a plate, then cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
8. Place two slices of sourdough bread onto the pan (do not use any cooking spray) on medium heat.
9. Brown the sourdough bread to desired color, keep a close watch. This should take one to two
10. Use tongs to flip the slices over to toast the other sides.
11. Quickly place two slices of swiss cheese on one of the slices of bread.
12. Use tongs to remove the slices from the pan when finished toasting.
13. Place a couple basil leaves on the areas of sourdough with cheese.
14. Place two or three polenta patties between the bread slices.
15. Cut the sandwich on a diagonal.
16. Serve warm.
Seasoned Broccoli Ingredients
- 1 head of organic broccoli or frozen broccoli
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- olive oil
Seasoned Broccoli Directions
1. Wash fresh broccoli or follow package directions to thaw frozen broccoli.
2. Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets, if fresh then cut off the stem too and peel off the skin
around the stems--halve the stem lengthwise.
3. Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a saucepan.
4. Place the desired amount of broccoli into the pan.
5. Cover the pan with its lid.
6. Lower the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes.
7. Strain the broccoli and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
8. Season the broccoli with a sprinkling of sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper, cayenne pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
9. Serve with Polenta and Swiss Sandwich. (You may wish to prepare the broccoli before
making the sandwiches to make sure the sandwiches are served warm).