Mexican Ice Cream with Papaya, Raspberries, and Blackberries
A perfect ending to a summer night meal. I made a version of these for some friends at a small potluck. These are a perfect size in shot glasses when you want a small treat after dinner.
Mexican vanilla bean ice cream
2 fresh organic papayas
4 six ounce containers of fresh organic raspberries
2 six ounce containers of fresh organic blackberries
1/2 cup cornstarch
3/4 cup organic baker's sugar
1/4 cup organic honey
Zest of two organic lemons
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (or 191 degrees Celsius).
2. Wash lemons.
3. Alternate placing raspberries, blackberries, cornstarch, sugar, honey, and lemon zest in a large bowl. It is important to use a large bowl. It is also necessary to alternate placing in the raspberries, blackberries, cornstarch, sugar, honey, and lemon zest in a large bowl. After these ingredients are in the large bowl gently pour the mixture into another large bowl. Repeat this step until the mixture is well combined. Avoid using a spoon as much as possible, as this will squash the berries.
4. Line a baking sheet that has edges with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
5. Place berry mixture on tray.
6. Place tray in oven.
7. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Oven times may vary.
8. Use oven mitts to remove the tray from the oven.
9. Allow berry mixture to cool to room temperature.
10. Carefully remove skin from papaya.
11. Remove seeds from papaya with a spoon.
12. Dice papaya into small pieces.
13. Spoon Mexican ice cream into shot glasses, leaving a bit of room for the berries and papaya.
14. Top each glass with berry mixture.
15. Add diced papaya to the top of each as well.
Serves approximately 20