Christmas Trivia Challenge
Holiday Trivia: Write down your answers, then check them below. (10 total)
1. Jesus was born on December _____.
E) None of the above
2. Which is the correct spelling?
3. Where did the tradition of leaving cookies and milk for Santa originate?
A) Germany, from a medieval custom
B) West Africa, by Mansa Musa
C) Rome, by Emperor Constantine
D) California, by miners during the Gold Rush
4. True/False: Electric lights for trees were first used in 1895.
5. True/False: In 1843, A Christmas Carol was written by Charles Dickens in six months.
6. True/False: In Greek, X means Christ. That is where the word "X-Mas" originates.
7. If you received all of the gifts in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas," you would receive ____ gifts.
D) None, I would return them all
8. True/False: Kissing under the mistletoe began in Scandinavia.
9. Ornament is to a tree as a stocking is to ____________.
10. Santa loves cookies from _______________
B) Father Time
C) Naughty boys and girls
D) Jesse Bluma at Pointe Viven...click to order some for good girls and boys
- E, the exact date is unknown. It is commonly stated that Jesus’ birth was 4 B.C. The "B.C." and "A.D." system was not created until many centuries after the birth of Jesus. There was also a 4 year miscalculation when the Roman calendar was converted into the A.D. calendar by Roman Abbott Dionysus Exiguus. That is the reason the birth is not year 0 or year 1. Jesus has to have been born by “4 B.C.” because the Gospel of Matthew places it within the lifetime of Herod the Great, whom we know from sources died in 4 B.C.
- False, he wrote it in six weeks.
Join the Pointe Viven circle: sign-up for email updates.
Image credit: wikipedia.org