Avocado with Pepper Chili and Tomatoes
My recipe below was published in the Orange County Register. I posted the article below and you can feel free to share some of your recipes. Thank you for visiting my site.
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Zest of one organic lemon
2 small garlic cloves, peeled, minced
1 pinch ground chili pepper/cayenne pepper
2 ripe avocados, halved and seeded
1 yellow pepper chili, stem, seeds, and ribs removed, diced
12 organic cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small shallot, peeled and diced
1 Tablespoon dill, snipped
1. Wash and dry the lemon, pepper chili, tomatoes, and dill.
2. Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and ground chili pepper/cayenne.
3. Add the coarse salt to the dressing.
4. Place the avocado halves on a cutting board, use a smaller knife to cut the flesh into diced segments with a cross-hatch pattern, keeping the avocado on the cutting board, spoon out the flesh into a larger bowl (not the dressing bowl). Keeping the avocado halves on the cutting board is key to avoiding injury when dicing.
5. Add in the pepper chili, tomatoes, shallot, and dill to the avocado.
6. Drizzle the avocado mixture with the dressing.
7. Gently stir to coat the ingredients.
8. Scoop the mixture into the avocado shells.
Two halves each can make a main meal, with additional sides.
These avocado halves are also perfect individual bowls for dipping chips.
*Note: A simple method for juicing lemons
Join the Pointe Viven circle
sign-up for email updates.