Red Kale Chips and Dip
Potato chips can leave your stomach feeling coated with fat. These red kale and chips liberate your tongue from grease. If you are smart you will eat these all by yourself. If you foolishly share these with your friends, family, or party guests, then you may wish to make two batches.
Ingredients for Kale Chips
1 head organic green kale, washed and thoroughly dried
2 heads, organic Red Chidori Kale
6 teaspoons olive oil
Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
9 garlic cloves
3 pinches hot smoked paprika
1 organic lemon
Ingredients for Dip
1 cup organic yellow mustard
3 Tablespoons organic honey
2 teaspoons chili pepper
1 pinch black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 organic lemon
Directions for Kale Chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 425° Fahrenheit/218º Celsius.
2. Wash and dry the three bunches of kale.
3. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Cut ribs from the three bunches of kale, even the smaller pieces of kale, cutting into chip size pieces. (the ribs will not crisp).
5. Wash and dry lemon.
6. Place the green kale on parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Drizzle the green kale with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
8. Sprinkle the green kale lightly with coarse sea salt.
9. Sprinkle green kale with 1 pinch hot smoked paprika.
10. Sprinkle with 1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest.
11. Peel three garlic cloves and add in with green kale.
12. Toss the green kale, until well mixed.
13. Spread the green kale into one layer on the pan.
14. Place one bunch of red kale on a parchment lined baking sheet and the other bunch of red kale on another parchment lined baking sheet.
15. Drizzle both pans of red kale with 2 teaspoons of olive oil each.
16. Sprinkle both pans of red kale lightly with coarse sea salt.
17. Sprinkle each pan of red kale with a pinch of hot smoked red paprika.
18. Peel six cloves of garlic and add three cloves to each pan of red kale.
19. Sprinkle each pan of kale with 1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest.
20. Toss each pan of red kale, until well mixed.
21. Spread the red kale on each pan into one layer.
22. Place the pans in the oven, roasting approximately 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp. If all three pans do not fit at the same time, you may bake in batches or another oven at the same time.
Mix together 1 cup organic yellow mustard,
3 Tablespoons organic honey,
2 teaspoons chili pepper,
1 pinch black pepper,
1 teaspoon olive oil,
3 Tablespoons lemon juice,
1 pinch lemon zest,
1 Tablespoon very finely chopped red onion,
1 Tablespoon very finely chopped shallot
Garnish dip with small slices or curls of lemon peel.
*Click here for tips on juicing lemons.
Serve: You may wish to place the green kale chips at the bottom of a bowl, place the dip in a small dish in the center of the green kale chips, then surround with the red kale. Or you may wish to mix the red and green together.
Join the Pointe Viven circle
sign-up for email updates.