Rock & Reilly's Irish Pub
“Rock and Reilly’s invokes the kindred spirits of a Prohibition-era speakeasy, infused with hip Brooklyn-style. Great food, a world-famous selection of whiskey, beer & more. Free Wi-Fi. 17 Flatscreen TVs with full sports packages. Rock & Reilly's, an Irish bar with personality!”
Entertainment and celebrity star power are behind this venue, including Tony DiSanto formerly of MTV, David Goldberg president of Endemol producing non-scripted, scripted, and digital entertainment, and brothers Geoff and George Stults from 7th Heaven. Rock and Reilly’s legend has it that Reilly was an Irish boy, his father lost him in a game of poker. Later the boy grew up, made his way to the United States during the era of prohibition, and delivered whiskey door-to-door. Hence the Black Eyed Society was formed. The bar is designed in a prohibition era style, maintains the old brick walls, and the walls display old rock and roll items.
1. Go during the daytime for a smaller crowd and a bit more quiet. If you are looking for a night spot, then Rock and Reilly’s gets busy as the day goes on.
2. Parking: It’s Los Angeles. If you are not as lucky as me as to have friends in the neighborhood, then you will need to find street parking or a nearby parking lot. Carpooling at night or dining during the day will make it easier.
3. I enjoyed a beer flight, a paddle holding a sample variety of beers in small Mason jars. The Shandygaff flight consists of a bass topped with ginger beer, a Smiddy’s topped with lemonade, an IPA topped with 7-Up and lemonade, and a Cider with Chambord and lemonade. A good mix on a summer day, although next time I think I would order The Biting Brasser flight that includes a Bass atop cider, a Guinness atop cider, a Smiddy’s atop cider, and a Kilkenny atop pear cider.
4. Check out Rock and Reilly’s weekends with bottomless mimosas and Bloodymary’s.
5. Visit their social media to keep up with happy hour specials, food theme nights, and events.
Rock and Reilly’s is located at 8911 West Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, California.
Gourmet treats by Jesse Bluma at Pointe Viven
Join the Pointe Viven circle
Sign-up for email updates.
Photo Credit: rnrpub.com