House of Big Fish and Ice Cold Beer: Review
Pointe Viven - Jesse Bluma. All rights reserved.
I recently went to lunch with my friends Judy and Tammy to the House of Big Fish. “The name says it all. This Laguna Beach neighborhood favorite restaurant features an exciting wide-ranged menu of fresh fish, seafood and casual fare perfectly paired with the best ice cold beer selection in town. Our informal (laid-back/energetic/) fish-house overlooks the ocean and serves up great appetizers, salads, sandwiches, and entrées featuring seafood, steak, chicken, and the freshest produce. Start with a dozen fresh oysters, ahi sashimi or a cup of chowder. Craving Alaskan King Crab legs or Maine lobster? We’ve got them waiting for you. Or choose from our long list of sustainable local and imported fish prepared to your liking with sauces like sweet Thai chili, mango chutney, pico de gallo and more. We also have an assortment of Hawaiian-style pokes, juicy burgers, rice bowls, and Baja specialties. Enjoy a large selection of icy cold beer (over 70 choices), a fresh lime margarita or pitcher of Sangrias on our wraparound patio at sunset. Family friendly atmosphere, great spot for watching sports with friends. Live entertainment Thursday-Saturday evenings and reggae Sunday afternoons. Late night Happy Hour 7 days a week.”
1. House of Big Fish can get busy at night and weekends. Go for lunch or make a reservation. As of publication House of Big Fish opens at 11:30 A.M.
2. The fish tacos are my favorite. I ordered two, grilled, with cabbage, and pico de gallo.
3. There is a wide variety of beers, so you may wish to do a little planning before to see which you would like to order.
4. If you go during lunch you will have a better chance at getting a table with an ocean view.
5. Parking is located on the street and in a lot behind the restaurant. Bring money for parking. If parking on the street, be careful of the high curbs.
6. After your meal you may wish to replenish your time on the parking meter and take a short walk over to Main Beach or to the shops on Forest Avenue.
Chef Craig Connole is the head chef at the House of Big Fish. He was voted Chef of the Year for his skill at haute cuisine and inexpensive meals. He was worked at the Four Seasons, Meridien, and K'ya. In the video above Chef Connole teaches how to make one of his recipes.
Shop Pointe Viven for baked goods
made with excellent ingredients and
Join the Pointe Viven circle