Cookies and pizza...are all perfect foods round? Homemade pizza dough can go a long way in elevating a dinner for two or a party for 200. Complete your pizza meal with delicious cookies.
This recipe creates enough for 12 individual size pizzas - about 5 inches in diameter.
You can vary the size and shape of your pizza, so be creative. The use of organic, local, or garden ingredients makes this pizza a step above.
2 cups warm water 110 degrees Fahrenheit (or 43.3 degree Celsius).
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 envelopes of active dry yeast
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for the bowl
1 tablespoon salt
1. Stir together water, yeast, and sugar until yeast is dissolved. It needs to be foamy, takes about 5 minutes.
2. Brush bowl with olive oil.
3. Stir together flours and salt in another bowl. Add in yeast mixture, mix well.
4. Cover a surface with wax paper, place dough on wax paper. Kneed for 2-3 minutes. This process could also be performed in a mixer using a paddle attachment.
5. Put the dough in the bowl that was oiled, cover with plastic wrap, let rise for 40-60 minutes.
6. Take off the plastic and punch down the dough. Form dough back into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap, let rise for 30-40 minutes.
7. Remove the plastic wrap and punch the dough down again. Form back into a ball.
8. Place the dough on wax paper and cut into 12 equal size balls (or other equal sizes).
9. Flatten one dough ball at a time, place on wax paper, cover with wax paper, and roll out evenly into this ovals or circles.
10. Place the dough on lined baking sheets with parchment paper that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
11. Brush dough with olive oil, add favorite toppings, grill for about 4 minutes.
Join the Jesse Bluma at Pointe Viven circle:
Credits: FreeDigitalPhotos.net, Fancycrave, Pexels.com, marianna.ok, twenty20.com