Ocean Terrace and George’s Bar at the Cove Review
Growing up I remember spending summers in La Jolla and San Diego. Sea caves. Torrey Pines. Carmel Valley. This region of California has so much to offer. Including great dining.
George’s is the namesake of George Hauer--waiter turned modern restauranteur. “Very simply, George’s at the Cove is for people who believe in enjoying the San Diego lifestyle to its fullest. And that includes a great meal. If you want a fine dining experience unlike any other, a special evening awaits at California Modern, featuring unique tasting menus from one of San Diego’s most admired chefs. If you’re in the mood for a more casual dining experience try the Ocean Terrace, acclaimed as the region’s best rooftop dining, or George’s Bar, a relaxed setting where indoors and outdoors flow together.”
1. The Terrace and Bar is located on Prospect Street in La Jolla, California. Public parking lots are located within a few minute walk of the restaurant. Valet is also available.
2. Peak times occur during week days and nights, especially weekend nights. You may wish to visit for brunch or lunch as soon as they open on a weekend. Make sure to get reservations. Also, make sure to specify a seat at the Terrace--it can get confusing. Ocean view by day, ocean breeze at night. A great spot for a date or drink with friends.
3. I enjoy the Terrace seating that directly overlooks the ocean. The bar seating can be fun as well.
4. Each time I have dined at Ocean Terrace I have enjoyed my meals. I recommend the Grilled Faroe Island Salmon--farro salad, artichokes, cherry tomato, radish, corn, lemon-dill yogurt. (Farro is a small, hearty, round wheat grain.) Another excellent item is the deeply flavorful George’s Famous Soup with smoked chicken, broccoli, and black beans.
blue cheese olives.
6. Afterwards you may wish to walk through La Jolla, enjoy some of the shops, sites, and people watching. Or make a day of the beach. Check out the other areas of San Diego as well.
The Terrace and Bar is located on upstairs from George’s fine dining restaurant.
Join the Jesse Bluma at Pointe Viven circle:
Image credits: www.georgesatthecove.com