We Meet Again: Landmark Restaurant and The Library
From its 1920s roots, elegant restoration, and celebrity guests, the Warwick is a classic in Dallas, Texas. The Landmark Restaurant and Library Bar are distinctive venues in the city that offer excellent food and drink for the traveler, romantic couple, or brunch bunch. Much of the cuisine is Texan, locally sourced, and upscale. Texas cuisine certainly has a rich and varied tradition within Southern cooking, influenced by Mexico, Indian tribes, and significant populations from Europe, including English, French, German, and Polish. The restaurant chef and bartenders embody the culinary roots of Texas, while providing modern interpretations.
“The Landmark Restaurant, a long time Dallas icon, celebrates Warwick Melrose Dallas' long history by fusing a fresh and modern approach with classic American favorites for breakfast, lunch, dinner and private parties. Chef McElroy has created a modern, Nouveau-Americana menu for guests to enjoy in both The Landmark Restaurant and The Library. Guests will experience a variety of new choices on breakfast, lunch and dinner menus that speak to both ladies who lunch and gentlemen in search of an entrée of Texas-style proportions.”
Reserve a table in The Landmark dining room to enjoy the historic environment. Or make your way to the bar to enjoy classic drinks. The striking ambiance, storied past, and hospitable staff make this an opportunity to dress up and enjoy a night out or the place to stay a full weekend.
1. The Landmark Restaurant is located at 3015 Oak Lawn Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75219. This is a drivable distance from downtown Dallas, universities, museums, business centers, theaters, and stadiums. Valet parking is located at the hotel. Street parking is also available—carefully read the signs.
2. Peak times occur during week days and nights, especially weekend nights and during special events in the city. Make reservations to ensure a table.
3. Have a pre-dinner cocktail at The Library, a sophisticated bar and hot spot in the hotel next to The Landmark Restaurant. Enjoy a classic martini, vodka soda, or one of the new items.
4. The hotel has easy access to the highway, is minutes from the tall Texas skyline, has spacious rooms, and bathrooms. Rooms located on the fifth floor up have good views. Corner rooms off Oak Lawn Avenue have a city vibe and views. However, rooms overlooking the parking lot are more quiet. There is a charge for overnight parking through the valet.
5. The Landmark Restaurant serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, in room, and on holidays. Menu items include such dishes as omelets, Texas toast, jalapeño biscuits and gravy, Bloody Mary bar, ginger butternut squash bisque, kale and endive salad, lobster mac and cheese, and ginger apple cobbler. The following were my favorites.
Melrose Burger: 1/2 Pound Kobe Beef, Brazos Valley Cheddar, Shredded Lettuce, Hothouse Tomato, and Melrose Aioli. Served with frites or potato chips.
Blackened ChickenSandwich: Ciabatta pesto, Smoked Gouda, shaved greens, and Grilled onions. Served with frites or potato chips.
Join the Pointe Viven circle: sign-up for email updates.
Credit: warwickhotels .com /dallas/dining/the-landmark-restaurant/, facebook .com /pg/warwickdallas, twitter . com/WarwickMelrose/media, texascultures .housing.utexas. edu/assets/pdfs/texas_cuisine.pdf